Transfer your domain to Arsys in just 3 steps
And enjoy the advantages of having your domain with us. It's that easy:
- 1 Find your domain name using the Arsys domain search tool and make the purchase.
- 2 Request the unlock and authcode from your current provider, which you will need to complete the process.
- 3 Authorize the email you will receive from us in the email associated with the domain's owner. The domain will be transferred within 6 natural days.
What do you need for your domain transfer?
The domain status must be unlocked (Status ACTIVE)
The domain must be unlocked in order to transfer it and allow the request from Arsys.
The domain data must not be hidden.
The registrar's data must be available and not protected by ID (private Whois) so that they can be accessed in the search.
The email of the account holder and administrative contact must be valid.
In order to proceed with the transfer, we need to get in touch with the individuals responsible for the domain to obtain their approval for the transfer.
Having the authorization code, EPP, or Auth Code (except for .es domains) is necessary.
The Auth Code is a password assigned by the registrar as a security measure to approve a domain transfer.
Why transfer domains to Arsys
Enjoy a presentation page where you can put your personal information and a welcome message.
Your domains will be renewed automatically so you will never lose them.
Para que los datos de tu dominio estén a salvo, te incluimos este servicio 1 año gratis.
From your own intuitive Control Panel you can easily manage your domain's DNSs.
No hassle. You have experts at your disposal 24x7 to take care of everything.
What do our customers think?
In addition to your domain, you can also bring Arsys:
- 365 days 24 hours Because we know that your project doesn't have to wait, our experts are always available to help you.
- In-house Call Center in Spain More than 400 people, passionate about technology and with continuous training, dedicated exclusively to solve your doubts and queries.
- Continuous training We work hard to keep our agents informed of the latest technology to provide you with the highest quality in our responses.
Frequently Asked Questions about Transfers
What is a change of registrar or domain name transfer?
A domain transfer consists of a change of registrar entity in charge of the management and maintenance of your domain.
Is it necessary to modify the owner or the DNS to transfer the domain?
A change of registrar is not the modification of the domain owner and does not necessarily imply the alteration of its DNS to host it on another server.
How does the transfer affect the operability of my domain?
Once the domain is transferred to Arsys we will modify the DNS servers, unless you indicate otherwise in the hiring process. This DNS change will mean that, in the 48 hours following the transfer confirmation, the hosting product associated with your domain (web, email, etc.) will cease to be operational on the old server and will become visible throughout the network from Arsys servers, depending on the product you have contracted. Before the change of registrar takes place, you can upload the files you want to the web space contracted at Arsys.
Can I request a domain transfer if the administrative contact email is not valid?
In the case of generic domains (.com, .net, .org, .info, .biz), .cat, .eu, .be, .mobi, .name, .tv, .cc and .ws domains the transfer could be requested, since for these domains the express authorization of the domain holder is required, either by email or in writing and the confirmation email sent to the administrative contact in the case of generic domains, .cat, .mobi and .name does not request an express authorization. In the case of .es, .com.es, .nom.es, .org.es domains, the transfer cannot be requested since express authorization by email from the administrative contact is required for the transfer process to be completed successfully.
How to transfer domains?
To transfer a domain, just follow these simple steps and, if you have any doubts, contact us:
- Request unlocking and authcode (security code that prevents unauthorized transfer of your domain) from your current provider.
- Accept the transfer through an email that you will receive in the domain administrative contact email in about 24 hours.
- After 4 or 5 days the process will be completed, without affecting the normal operation of your domain at any time.
What are the requirements for a transfer?
- The domain must be yours. To prove it, you will need to have the authorization code, EPP Code or Auth Code (except for .es).
- The domain status must be unlocked (Status ACTIVE).
- The domain data must not be hidden.
- The domain owner's email and administrative contact must be valid.
- The domain cannot be expired.
What can I do if my supplier is listed as the administrative contact and refuses the transfer?
If you have requested a change of registrar and it is being rejected from the email address of the administrative or technical contact or by your provider, you should contact your provider or company with whom you contracted the registration of your domain.
If you continue to have problems with your provider when transferring your domain, you can contact the registrar to reclaim control of the domain.
What if the domain I want is expired?
When a domain registration expires and enters the "Registrar Hold" status, it will no longer be possible to transfer it. You will have to renew it previously with your current provider to be able to request the transfer. Therefore, we recommend that you do not wait for the domain expiration date to transfer it to Arsys.
What happens if the domain I want is taken?
If the domain you are looking for is occupied and you are not the owner, you can:
- Search for a new domain that is available and fits your interests. Try variants of your original idea, either in the root (tiendagomez.com instead of gomeztienda.com), or in the extensions (gomez.tienda instead of gomeztienda.com, etc.).
- Try to buy the domain you like from its current owner.
- If you believe that the domain name is yours because its current use infringes your trademark rights, you can try to seek legal advice.
How do I know who has registered the domain I am interested in?
To know the data with which a domain has been registered, do a search in Arsys and consult the Whois icon to obtain more information. The "Registrant" is the owner of the domain and for all purposes the owner of the domain. It is usual that the data of the "Administrative contact" are those of the person who manages the domain or otherwise the same as those of the registrant.
How is a domain transfer billed?
When transferring the domain, you choose the payment method that best suits your needs: bank transfer (with which we will also ask you for an account number where future renewal invoices will be automatically charged) or credit card (which will also be used for the renewal). Remember that you can switch from one to the other at any time from your Client Area. Domains are billed on an annual basis.