Arsys manages three Data Centers in Spain and Cloud nodes in the United States, United Kingdom and Germany that incorporate the latest technological advances in physical and logical security, air conditioning and electrical supply, to ensure the maximum availability of your services and the maximumenergy efficiency.
The company's main Data Center, inaugurated in 2009, stands out among these infrastructures. This Data Center occupies a total area of 6,000 m2, distributed between server space (technical rooms), availability systems (power supply, air conditioning, connectivity, logical security, monitoring...) and logistics (storage, sending and reception of goods…). Approximately 300 m2 is allocated to office space, as over 50 people of our Arsys technical team all have their own workspace in these facilities.
The available access flooring for servers is 1,000 m2 in four independent technical rooms, 250 m2 each, with a maximum capacity of up to 15,000 servers.
This modular design allows for a progressive growth of the access floor for servers and availability systems, so the infrastructure can be adapted to our clients' needs. This modularity means servers can be installed with different security and availability settings, depending on the levels of service each client requires for their project.
From the Data Center's High Availability Center (HAC), the Arsys team monitors the status of the servers, communication lines, services, etc. 24x7, as well as the activation of the necessary protocols in the event of any kind of incident: electrical, computing, excess traffic, perimeter security...
These facilities are innovative in their construction as they are based on the "Invest As You Grow" model, which allows the infrastructure to be adjusted and adapted to the company's growth. This way, it guaranteed that the economic investment is adapted to the demand for Internet services, the economic situation and the pace of development of the Knowledge Society.
This periodization over time benefits both the initial investment in technological infrastructure and the costs derived from the maintenance of the services (electricity consumption, air conditioning services, etc.).
With the aim of developing innovative and efficient tools that allow our clients to optimize their processes and improve their competitiveness, we have been carrying out different R+D+i projects in recent years:
- REED project (2015 y 2016). This project aims to develop innovative and efficient tools that allow our clients to optimize their processes and improve their competitiveness.
- ZWANZIG project (2017). It aims to launch new applications in SaaS mode within shared hosting platforms and infrastructures as well as continue to evolve Cloud technology with new functionalities and modes of operation.
- ARKAI project (2018). To improve internal processes in order to promote agility in the company in addition to developing new solutions on the mail, SMS, SSL platforms or additional developments on Cloudbuilder Next.
- NEXO project (2019). The approach is to improve technology and infrastructure, launch new products to the market and innovate our Cloud platforms with new functionalities.
- Development of IoT Cloud platform with FIWARE technology (2019). We deployed on Arsys' Cloud an infrastructure based on FIWARE (European standard) to explore the possibilities of adding IoT services from our cloud panels to all customers, analyzing use cases of diverse sectors, main features and technologies for their exploitation.
These projects have been co-financed with public aid to business R+D+i with national and European funds, through the ERDF Operational Program of La Rioja (2014-2020) whose priority axis is the promotion of business investment in D+i and support to companies for the development of R+i activities.
The help that ADER and FEDER offer with these innovation support programs has an important incentive effect, as it directly affects the investment capacity dedicated to R+D+i tasks. Arsys can increase the number of resources for these R+D+i tasks and enable the identification of future initiatives in this regard.
TIER III CERTIFICATION
Our Data Center in Logroño is certified as Tier III by the North American institution Uptime Institute. This endorsement certifies that our data centre is capable of guaranteeing 99.982% availability so that in the event of an incident, our service would only experience a drop of 1.5 hours. To achieve these results, our entire infrastructure is redundant, there is a double power line for all your equipment and annual preventive reviews are performed on the entire infrastructure even in the heat of the day. In this way, the correct functioning of all the components of the installation and the hosted services is guaranteed. This also achieves another of the fundamental principles of our philosophy: maximum efficiency in energy consumption and minimisation of greenhouse gas emissions.